22 September 2009

Day 1: Couch to 5k

There's a difference between thinking about doing something and actually doing it. There's a difference about talking about doing something and actually doing it. I'm totally guilty of doing the former in both cases. Call it laziness. Call it excuses. Call it what you will. Sometimes talking and thinking are so much easier than tackling the task at hand.

I'll admit it, I'm lazy. I'd rather watch TV than go to the gym. But every time I look in the mirror or think about my health or read an article on SparkPeople, I know what I have to do. I have to go to the gym. I have to work out.

Leading up to our wedding, I did three terms of Boot Camp. It was intense. It was killer. But I survived. And, after the fact, I totally enjoyed that I went. I can't say honestly that I enjoyed the workout itself, but I loved the sense of accomplishment afterwards.

I've been hearing a lot of talk of the "Newlywed 10" or "Newlywed 15". It's the same idea as the "Freshman 15" that you gain in college from eating dorm food. Except that the weight is from food that you make yourself or from going out. I know that I'm edging up the scale and definitely need to combat it. Like bad.

So I'm starting the Couch to 5k again. I had started it about six months ago and the first two weeks were great. Then I lost momentum, the excuses returned, and well, I didn't continue. So here's my second shot. I'm going to give it my all because I don't have excuses. I work from home. I set my hours. So let's do this thing!

To check out the Couch to 5k Training program, CLICK HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment