26 September 2009

Week 1: Complete - Couch to 5k

By pure will and determination, I completed the first week of the Couch to 5k program. I keep telling myself that I want to do this and I want to do that, and often, I fail to even get close to doing those things. This time, I'm done with the excuses why not, and giving myself nothing but reasons why I should.

Since I was a kid, I've always been a little overweight. I blame it on moving back to the United States after a short stint in France. It happened when I was a little kid. And it happened again after I got back from studying abroad for a year. I literally lost 15 pounds in France without even trying. I didn't work out and I didn't alter my diet. We just had to walk. Everywhere. And it was great. Working out without the effort.

As soon as I set foot back on American soil, it's like those pounds came flying back on to me. Like a boomerang. Again without even trying. And while putting the effort into working out. Albeit, not as hard as I could work out, but I was getting myself to the gym on a fairly regular basis.

Now, I'm married. I don't have a full time job. I set my own schedule. The excuses are really gone. All gone. So if anything, I have no reason NOT to complete this program. And it happens to end right before Thanksgiving. It would be wonderful to show up to Thanksgiving dinner a size smaller. Stand a little taller. Feel a little prouder.

Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment