29 October 2011

Babies

Last night my husband and I were talking about holiday plans and I mentioned to him that my mom invited us to come to Disneyland with them over Christmas. It's what we did two years ago, and I'm excited about the mini vacation. I also mentioned that my mom invited us to go to Florida with them over the summer after my sister graduates from college.

And he says, "Is that a good idea? Won't it be hot? And you said you didn't want to be hot when you are pregnant?"

It kind of hit me like a ton of bricks. We might be pregnant this time next year. In terms of kids I've been telling him that I wanted to get started on #1 before I turned 30. Next year (well, in like another four months) I turn 29. So according to logical math, that would mean that this time next year, I could be knocked up (in the good way of course).

And though I don't really admit it, I had a slight case of baby fever. It's mild really. But with so many people getting pregnant and popping about babies, I can't help but think about it too. But then I think about all the practical stuff, like babies being expensive, income, and blah blah blah.

The timing thing kind of snuck up on me. I didn't think we were that close to starting to try. Although, then my husband says, "Well then this means you just gave me an extra year." Maybe so. Maybe not. Weird thing about growing up. It's exciting and terrifying all at the same time.

1 comment:

  1. Not going to lie - I was freaked when we got serious about trying. And then I really freaked when I got a positive. Worth every moment of the fear (even on the terrible teething days)!

    ReplyDelete